Sunday, April 27, 2008

The new 30

Well they say that 50 is now the new 30! Who in *ELL did they talk to that told them that? It sure wasn't me. I get so tired that this body doesn't feel like the new 30 , it feels more like the old 60. I mean everytime I get still , I fall asleep. Which means that sometimes , you may read stuff on here that makes no sense what-so-ever. If you do , please don't send me hate mail. Just feel sorry for me and hope I'll do better next time.

I carried the kids to see 'Horton hears a Who' the other day. At least the kids SAID he heard a who , but I couldn't swear to it. I never heard it. Which worries me cause now I have to also worry about my hearing going. Oh no wait, I fell asleep. THAT"S why I didn't hear it. Whew! Well, I tried to stay awake really I did. But 50 year old people arn't SUPPOSED to be running around eating candy pancakes at IHOP and trying to hear if Horton heard a Who. They are supposed to be laying on the couch eating bonbons (what are bonbons anyway) and figuring out what timeshare they want to buy. My body is not built for sprints between soccer fields and 30 LOADS OF LAUNDRY A DAY! and no one my age should have to dry a dog , fix breakfast , catch crabs , and spray the cat , while talking on the phone. It is degrading.

Really, I was glad that my hearing wasn't going. I wouldn't want to miss a moment of those precious little voices saying (screaming) , "MAMA HE HIT ME!" MAMA'HE AIN"T THE BOSSA ME! MAMAMAMAMAMA!" They say having kids when you're older keeps you young. Don't believe them. Whoever THEY are ,they are liars. Everyone of them. Or men. Or both.

Another thing, if I repeat myself, please be kind and just skip over that part. My sister and I tell each other the same stories over and over. We used to be too polite to say anything , but we got so *amn tired of hearing the same thing over and over , so now we just interupt and say , "You already told me that. Twice." No one gets their feelings hurt , because by the next day we've forgotten that we said that , and it starts all over again.........

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am really enjoying your blog! Please keep these stories coming. Often :)

Thanks for all the laughs!

Dorlene said...

I read the "snake" story on 2peas and became a blog stalker. You have the funniest stories ever...thank you for sharing with us.

6boyzmom said...

That is so exciting that I have a stalker of my very own. Seriously , thank you so much. Please, keep stalking.

Anonymous said...

if 50 is the new 30, is 30 the new 10? if so it explains a lot.


love you mom

toby

6boyzmom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
6boyzmom said...

Awww Toby , thats so sweet. I love you too. And you're right. That WOULD explain a lot!

This Crazy Thing Called Motherhood said...

I am going to be 30 this summer and I already fall asleep whenever I am sitting somewhere for more than a few minutes. It must be a mom thing. Either that or my kids are prematurely aging me in a horrible way! :)

Great post-keep it up!